The reliable Series A Muncher is well proven in its ability to effectively macerate raw sewage, sludge, screenings, and industrial process flows. Available for pipeline or channel installations, the shaft speed of 85 rpm offers low cutter tip speeds and therefore dramatically reduces wear rates in comparison to high-speed macerators.
- Power savings, elimination of manual handling and associated transport costs, odor control, and automated operation are all achieved when installing Munchers to replace conventional screening systems to existing or proposed submersible pump stations.
- ETOS cutters offer positive and effective solids grinding.
- Optional high-flow side rails allow higher capacities while reducing the possibility of solids passing through without being macerated—typically an increase in capacity of 40%.
- Mucher can be installed in an existing concrete channel or in a fabricated frame, complete with guide rails, into existing submersible pump stations as a simple and quick retrofit.
- Each Muncher is supplied with a programmable logic controller (PLC) to protect the machine against damage and overloads.
- Muncher can be supplied to comply with ATEX Directive 94/9/EC.